NAIROBI CITY TOUR FULL DAY
Kenya is an holiday paradise with its numerous top rated African best wildlife parks and reserves. However ,many visitors are unaware that its capital, Nairobi, also provides some of the most unique travel experiences in East Africa. Just minutes from the city center, you are welcomed to the most unique tourist experiences in Kenya such as taking tea with a giraffe as you watch baby orphan elephants play in the mud, and a visit to the legendary home of Karen Blixen, creator of “Out of Africa.” There is so much to see and do in this full-day adventure around Nairobi. Stay tuned as we take you through the best activities in Nairobi that will make your vacation unforgettable. Please note that we also take you to the Africas safest cities and safaris.
- Pick up from your hotel/ designated pickup point. This full day city tour takes you to the Karen Blixen museum, the legendary home of Karen Blixen, creator of “Out of Africa.”, This is then followed by a visit to the David Sheldrick conservancy to watch baby orphan elephants play in the mud, and visit The. Proceed to the Giraffe Centre where you get up close with the tallest animals in the land and feed them.
- The Karen Blixen Museum was made famous by the hit movie “Out of Africa” . This plantation homestead is where that story began. We’ll start our tour visiting this expansive farmhouse and grounds where Karen Blixen established a coffee plantation and spent time with her lover, Denys Finch-Hatton. The amazing story of this destination is among the reasons it is a top rated African tourist destination in Nairobi Kenya.
- The journey to our next stop opens your heart to a truly the most unique animal care center in the world. At the Sheldrick elephant and rhino orphanage ,You will see dozens of baby elephants being fed from giant milk bottles. The picturesque view of the baby elephants rolling in the mud, playing, frolicking like young children everywhere is one of the great features that labels it as the most unique experiences in Kenya. This world-renowned sanctuary rescues orphaned elephants throughout Africa and hand raises them with expertise and love. The Sheldrick trust has been taking in and caring for these Orphaned babies for over forty years. This popular Nairobi city tour only introduces you to have a glimpse of some the most amazing activities to do in Amboseli national Park, the home of African elephants .
- The Sheldrick elephant and rhino orphanage has rescued over 200 baby elephants and you can experience the compassion and unraveled caring in this very special place. In order to enjoy the unique Kenyan delicacies, we shall head out for lunch at the beautiful Karen Blixen Coffee Garden. After lunch, we shall proceed to one of the most popular tourist destination in Nairobi, the Giraffe Centre. At the Giraffe center , you can climb up the feeding tower and hand feed the giraffes. Some lucky visitors have been known to get a giraffe kiss! The Centre is a refuge for the endangered Rothschild’s giraffe. Here we’ll learn about different species of giraffes at the special Information Centre. This Nairobi city tour cannot be complete without a mention of the giraffe manor , the only place with “ the most unforgettable breakfast in the world”.
- Our last stop today is at the Kazuri beads. Kazuri means “small and beautiful” in Swahili and the many beads and other ornaments produced here are indeed beautiful. This handiwork is the creation of hundreds of determined and skilled women who craft these ceramic beads, making artistic jewelry that’s sold all over the world. Begun in 1975 with just two single mothers, the center quickly grew as an enterprise for disadvantaged women where they could better themselves and their life opportunities. Drop off at your hotel/ designated point.
Includes & Excludes
- Pick up/drop off at Nairobi hotel
- Transport in a tourist vehicle
- Services of a professional English speaking driver guide
- Entrance fee to Karen Blixen museum, David Sheldrick & Giraffe center
- Lunch at the Karen Blixen coffee garden
- Bottled drinking water in safari van
- Government taxes and local levies
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Tips & gratuities.